IRENE LEEKONG HEALTH AND WELLNESS INSTITUE AT THE FAMILY CENTER
The Family Center is a not-for-profit organization providing behavioral health, social and legal services to families affected by life threatening parental illness, absence and loss. Please visit our website at www.thefamilycenter.org to learn more about our services. The Health and Wellness Institute
is a NYS Office of Mental Health licensed outpatient mental health clinic specifically serving children, adolescents and their families providing counseling and psychiatric services. We offer a comprehensive range of behavioral health services for children, adolescents, and their parents/caregivers.
Our work is deeply personal and client-focused. We are a trauma informed agency and we strive to develop the skills of the staff so they are prepared to help those in need. We offer training opportunities for staff to develop and improve their skill set in providing trauma informed interventions. We offer several evidenced based interventions including Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Parent Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT), Resource Parenting Curriculum (RPC), and Structured Psychotherapy for Adolescents Responding to Chronic Stress (SPARCS).
The Clinical Supervisor of the Health and Wellness Institute is responsible for the administrative and clinical supervision of full-time/per-diem staff and student interns. The Clinical Supervisor reports to the Director of the Health and Wellness Institute, receives weekly supervision, and is a member of the agency’s Senior Staff.
• Provide Clinical and Administrative Supervision for all Health and Wellness Institute staff including full-time, per-diem staff and Student Interns providing a range of clinical services to children/adolescents and their caregivers.
• Provide leadership, guidance and direction to HWI staff to ensure accurate and timely completion of all required documentation including but not limited to treatment plans, progress notes, coordination of care notes, etc.
• Handle administrative duties as needed for program operation including but not limited to maintenance of client roster and high risk client list.
• Carry a reduced caseload of 3-4 clients.
• Ensure that appropriate referrals are made for other services internally and externally including health home services.
• Serve as back-up for HWI Director.
• When needed complete intakes and provide back up for Clinicians.
• Participate in agency management and planning activities.
• Special projects and other tasks as requested.
• Masters in Social Work
• Four years experience in providing therapy services to families.
• Prior supervisory experience
Application Instructions: Please email a resume, cover letter and one writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Clinical Supervisor-HWI”. Please state salary requirements in cover letter.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to inclusive hiring and strives to ensure that our staff reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.