DDD Support Coordinator|
DAWN Center for Independent Living
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Mar 25, 2020
||US - New Jersey - Sussex/Morris/Somerset County
||- n/a -
DAWN Center for Independent Living, a disability rights agency, seeks a highly motivated, enthusiastic, outgoing self-starter to provide care management and advocacy services to individuals with disabilities residing in Northern NJ.
DAWN Center for Independent Living seeks an passionate and self-motivated team player to provide case management and support coordination services to adults, age 21 and over, with developmental disabilities in Morris, Sussex or Somerset county. Successful candidate must be able to multitask and quickly transition from meetings in the community to paperwork duties at the office. Job requires travel within Morris, Sussex and Somerset Counties and candidate must have a dependable means of transportation. Salary commensurate with experience.
The Support Coordinator works closely with the consumer and his/her family to learn about their skills, talents and interests, and then link them to appropriate supports and services in the surrounding community. An individualized service plan is created for the consumer, and the plan is monitored and adjusted by the Support Coordinator as needed. The Support Coordinator is also responsible for assisting the consumer in managing the budget that is allocated to them by DDD for various services and supports.
• Bachelor's degree in a social services field (social work, psychology, etc.);
• At least 1 year documented professional experience working with individuals with disabilities;
• Knowledge of and support for the Independent Living Philosophy;
• Ability to successfully relate to and communicate with people with disabilities, their families, other organizations, agencies, volunteers, and consumers;
• Working knowledge of programs and services, benefits, entitlements and supports available to persons with disabilities, as needed;
• Use innovative thinking to assist consumers and their families create high quality individualized service plans where potential services and agencies are identified;
• Serve as a liaison for consumers and their families and various statewide entities including, but not limited to: DDD, DHS, designated fiscal intermediary, and the Unusual Incident Reporting Unit;
• Collaborate and maintain relationships with various community partners to ensure familiarity and in-depth understanding of service options;
• Ability to maintain compliance with DDD policy and procedures, and adherence to established deadlines and benchmarks;
• Strong team player willing to take direction, initiate business activities and work with management staff and peers;
• Ability to work with minimal supervision to meet or exceed deadlines;
• Possess strong and effective spoken and written communication skills;
• Ability to organize work effectively, establish priorities and express self with a professional demeanor and presentation;
• Ability to cope with moderate to high levels of stress;
• Experience using Microsoft office package 2010 and ability to effectively use technology in the field as provided by agency.
DAWN Center for Independent Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Detailed cover letter and resume required for application to be complete.
Full time position, Monday-Friday. Mileage reimbursement provided. Professional development and continued learning opportunities offered. Benefits include employer sponsored health benefits, paid time off, sick days and paid holidays. Employee access to group rates for optional vision, dental, and life insurance benefits and 403b retirement plan. Job contingent upon proof of a valid driver license and proof of auto insurance coverage limits of at least $100,000 / $300,000.
Name: Kristen Carew
State/Province: New Jersey
Country: United States