BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWorks is hiring (1) Social Worker for the Jerome Ave Men's Shelter Program.
Jerome Avenue Men’s Shelter (JAMS) has an openings for a full-time Social Worker. The Social Worker will carry a caseload of high-need shelter clients and will work with them towards permanent housing and addressing related needs. An MSW is required for the positions. A social work license (LMSW or LCSW) must be obtained within 6 months of hire. Bilingual skills in English/Spanish are preferred. Social Workers will receive training on assistance with self-administration of medication and will be expected to offer this service to clients. The Social Workers will also receive training to obtain credential to perform mental health code 9.58 removals. Evening and/or weekend hours may be required.
• Provide direct services to clients, including engagement, intake, assessment (including psycho-social assessment), service plan development, referral, advocacy, therapeutic counseling, reassessment, and exit summaries.
• Manage a case load.
• Monitor and document client progress toward service plan goals; document all interactions with, or on behalf of, clients.
• Provide group counseling as assigned by the assistant program director or other supervisor.
• Maintain familiarity with program resources available on- and off-site.
• Coordinate client services with mental health, medical, employment, educational, child care and other social service providers.
• Conduct home and field visits as required.
• Conduct regular case conferences with clients and service providers as required.
• Assist with special projects as assigned including representing agency at interagency events (as assigned).
• Act as a program contact person for inquiries concerning clients (as assigned).
• Supervise all office functions in the supervisor’s absence (as assigned).
• Report to and meet with the supervisor on a regular basis.
• Complete (or assist with completion of) program reports.
• Perform additional duties as assigned