BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
The Department of Children and Youth seeks an Assistant Program Director to support the education component of the Youth Education and Workforce programs. The ideal candidate will have a masters degree in social work (or a related field), prior supervisory experience and the ability to manage the day to day operations of the education programs within the portfolio. They must have strong engagement, leadership, organizational, communication and motivational skills which will be necessary to foster a welcoming and team-oriented program environment.
The Assistant Program Director must be able to manage a fast-paced program environment while adhering to the administrative requirements of the program. They must be comfortable collaborating with others, addressing student crisis and/or needs, overseeing different contracts and programmatic goals as well as supporting the overall recruitment, engagement and retention goals of the program.
• Provide direct services to clients.
• Maintain case records and statistics for program.
• Assist the program director in recruiting and training direct service staff.
• Administer personnel policies and procedures under the guidance of the program director.
• Hold monthly supervision meetings with staff supervised.
• Develop regular communication with contract managers for programs supervised and act as liaison with funding source.
• Ensure all programs meet contractual goals and reporting requirements.
• Monitor program progress and submit all required reports to funding sources, including.
• Submit internal progress reports on a monthly basis, or more frequently as required.
• Plan and develop budgets, and work with Program Director and fiscal staff to ensure that collection of payment from funding source is current.
• Monitor fiscal expenses and analyze fiscal reports on a monthly basis.
• Prepare proposals for the development, expansion and continuation of programs in coordination with Department Director and the Program Director.
• Monitor staff performance, including performing case reviews and structured observations.
• Participate in, and encourage staff to become involved in, agency events.
• Act as liaison with the community including the area community district.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.