Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Housing Specialist – Rapid Re-Housing Program. Under the direction of the Program Manager and working closely with program direct service staff, the Housing Specialist will provide information and referral services for housing and other community services to youth in the program and will ensure connection and retention to housing resources.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Administer VI- SPDAT on all youth to assess housing needs
• Identify appropriate housing options for youth including Placed Based Housing and scattered site
• Work in close partnership with team to communicate youth's progress, issues and concerns
• Assist youth with housing rental and lease applications, reference checks, I-9's, etc
• Identify, secure, furnish and ensure safety issues are met and maintained of Place based housing
• Develop and maintain relationships with landlords to assist with housing our young adults
• Utilize community resources to meet the needs of youth in the program, such as legal services, health services, rental negotiations, drug and alcohol services, and mental health services. Ensure that services are received by coordinating with the referral agencies.
• Connect youth to resources to ensure successful housing placements
• Attend support service meetings with the youth if needed.
• Coordinate and facilitate training for program staff on resources available to youth in the community
• Complete case note documentation, reports in a timely basis.
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate to evaluate effectiveness of services delivered
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Transport clients to appointments, meetings, etc. as needed.
• Participate in all meetings and training sessions as required
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance required.
• Other duties as may be assigned.