Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Clinician 2 in our ILP Mental Health Program. The Clinician 2 provides youth with therapeutic, case management and referral services, and preparation for independent living and maintaining quality services to current and former foster youth engaged in ILP services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide clinical counseling/therapy services to youth and young adults: individual, family, collateral, crisis intervention
• Provide group services at the HUB drop-in center for foster youth to improve client functioning
• Provides skill-based and solution-oriented focused care
• Provide community-based services to improve accessibility and generalization of skill development
• Intake and assessment services, including use of standardized assessment and evaluation tools
• Collaborate with ILP Case Managers, DFCS, and other community partners to link youth to services that will enhance their functioning and positive outcomes
• Partner with ILP Peer Mentor to enhance youth engagement and outcomes
• Using client centered and client empowering TCP approach, will provide assistance to youth in treatment planning to develop an “Individualized Treatment Plan”
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate.
• Maintain appropriate paperwork and standards for mental health services, and case management according to standards and regulations
• Participate in Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance activities and initiatives
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned.