The Family Preservation In-Home Outreach Counselor (IHOC) will provide counseling and assessment services to families referred to the Agency’s Family Preservation Program. The IHOC will assess clients utilizing the Family Assessment Form (FAF) and provide IHOC sessions, case coordination, linkage and advocacy and supplemental services such as parenting, child follow-up visits, and referrals for emergency housing and assistance with transportation.
• Ensure the physical safety and well-being of the children in the Family Preservation Program.
• Provide in-home clinical and case management services.
• Collaborate with other professionals on the case including DCFS, Probation, and mental health providers.
• Document and communicate clients’ progress, strengths and needs in a timely and accurate manner through all necessary reports.
• Attend and participate in MCPS’s (Multidisciplinary Case Planning Conference) and coordinate client’s attendance.
• Provide client linkage to needed resources/services and follow up to ensure successful outcome of identified needs.
• Registered, Licensed Waivered Marriage & Family Therapist or Therapy Intern, LCSW or ASW.
• Candidate must be bilingual (English/Spanish).
• Knowledge of child abuse/neglect prevention. At least one year of experience with the community mental health paperwork and standards preferred.
• Require HIPAA, DOJ and TB clearance.
• Must have reliable automobile, valid California driver’s license and automobile insurance.
**Full job description may be provided during pre-interview upon request**