The Healthcare Navigator will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties (additional responsibilities may be assigned as necessary):
· Provide in person health insurance enrollment services to potential enrollees.
· Educate potential enrollees about the New York Health Benefit Exchange (NYHBE) and the types of health insurance programs offered through the NYHBE.
· Provide education on, and facilitate enrollment into, Qualified Health Plans (QHPs), supplementary plans available through the NYHBE (if offered) and/or into Insurance Affordability Programs (IAPs).
· Provide enrollment assistance to potential enrollees with the renewal of health plans.
· Complete health insurance applications through the NYHBE on-line website.
· Assist potential enrollees with grievances, complaints or questions regarding their health coverage or a determination related to their coverage.
· Provide information in a fair and impartial manner which is culturally and linguistically appropriate, and disability accessible, for the populations being served under the NYHBE, including individuals with limited English proficiency.
· Travel to multiple Single Stop sites daily, build strong working relationships with site staff and management, conduct internal outreach and work with site staff to identify uninsured clients and provide application assistance.
· Ability to work in a high-paced and performance-based environment. Be responsible for meeting Single Stop’s programmatic goals and individual targets as it relates to application completion and enrollment.
· Participate in NYS DOH and Single Stop trainings and meetings. Maintain strong expertise in public and private health insurance eligibility, application and enrollment.
· Ensure that follow-up with both clients and partnering sites occurs regarding referrals and outcomes.
· Complete regular outreach in communities where services are offered including but not limited to health fairs, presentations to peers and clients, distributing marketing materials, etc.
· Provide staff trainings on health coverage topics, changes to eligibility, the NYHBE, and application procedures.
· Assist in program research, development and assessment and participates in ongoing trainings, typically on-site, and contributes to peer learning systems.