Bronxworks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
The Brook Supportive Housing Program has a Program Assistant full time position available. The Brook permanently houses 120 special needs tenants, the majority are formerly street homeless and have serious mental illness, chronic illness (including HIV/AIDS) and substance abuse challenges.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for providing additional support to staff and Program Director. Program Assistant will provide client field work escort, cover the computer lab as needed, manage purchasing order and assist with other program needs. The Program Assistant will work closely with Program Director, Continuous Quality Assurance Specialist and Tenant Services Coordinator. Program Assistant will also manage the set up and break down of staff and client meetings and evens.
Ideal candidate can demonstrate ability to work in partnership with clients from a strengths-based perspective, overcoming stigma, and navigating complex systems. Additionally, ideal candidate can adapt to an active environment, is exceptional with time management, has strong writing and communications skills, exhibits excellent attention to detail and remains a team player.
• Pick up and deliver packages, proposals and reports. Errands throughout the city may be required on a moment’s notice
• Enter client and program data into computer databases and other tracking systems
• Gather information needed for proposals, reports and program management, including inventories and fixed asset registers
• Ensure that client files contain required paperwork and information
• Update information on community resources (e.g., bulletin boards, ACES manual)
• Assist in the preparation of mailings
• Provide general clerical support, including filing, faxing, word processing, typing, photocopying and sorting mail
• Answer telephones, relay messages and greet clients and other visitors
• Collect and alphabetize staff time sheets
• Attend meetings and training sessions on tracking systems
• Perform additional duties as assigned