The Advance and Earn Licensed Master Social Work is responsible for providing individual and group counseling, crisis intervention supports, linkages to psychiatric supports, and other clinical services to Advance and Earn participants in our Bronx Youth Center and our headquarters in Soho.
• Conduct psychosocial assessments for Advance and Earn participants who need counseling services
• Provide short-term and long-term individual and group counseling to Advance and Earn participants using evidence based modalities
• Formulate appropriate treatment plans and psychosocial evaluations for each participant seen, and document each contact
• Provide case coordination and crisis intervention to Advance and Earn participants who may be victims of abuse, neglect, sexual assault, or experiencing other trauma
• Coordinate with other providers including juvenile justice, Administration for Children’s Services, foster care agencies, etc.
• Develop and facilitate innovative support groups related to topics such as Anger Management, Stress Management, Substance Abuse Prevention, Healthy Relationships, and Parenting using evidence based group curricula
• Coordinate mental health assessments and track outcomes of treatments using qualitative methods
• Facilitate mental health focused workshops and trainings for Advance and Earn participants and staff
• Collect and maintain all participant documentation, case management records, progress notes, and outcomes data as related to Advance and Earn program goals and contractual obligations.
• Work as part of an interdisciplinary team with the Advance and Earn instructional team, training staff, placement staff, and college advisors to ensure participants’ education and career needs, interests, and goals are being met; participate in case conferencing.
• Participate in relevant departmental, agency, and external agency meetings, trainings, case conferences, workshops and events.
• Handle any appropriate additional responsibilities and functions as assigned by Supervisor and/or Director.