The Community Liaison position will focus on expanding the agency’s collaborative partnerships in the community. This position will be responsible for educating the community about available services offered in various capacities and dedicated to identifying resources and partnerships for individuals supported who are considered homeless and experiencing a mental health crisis.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of the services and resources offered by Sertoma.
• Cultivate and maintain community partnerships with the goal of generating referrals and teaming with other organizations to best serve consumers.
• Create and distribute media providing education about Sertoma’s services including brochures and presentations.
• Create and maintain a list of contacts for community partners and actively maintain communication with those partners.
• Develop and attend networking groups in the community. Develop and organize at least one annual networking/resource event hosted by Sertoma.
• Educate consumers about our services and opportunities to engage in services. Link consumers to services as needed and when appropriate.
• Bachelor’s Degree is required; degree in Human Services preferred.
• Knowledge and/or experience in Mental Health Services.
• Minimum of one year experience in sales and/or marketing.
• Valid Illinois driver’s license and documentation of current auto insurance, with a good driving record and car available.
• Employee is required to possess the skill and ability to utilize all applicable technology and computer programs related to his/her position.
• Punctuality and reliability in the workplace is required.
• Must be willing to work evenings/weekend hours as necessary.