Waymakers (formerly Community Service Programs, Inc.) is a well-established non-profit human services agency committed to helping individuals experiencing conflict and crisis make their way to a place of strength and stability. Celebrating more than 45 years of providing services in Orange County, Waymakers is comprised of 8 core programs assisting over 120,000 persons a year.
Learn more at www.WaymakersOC.org.
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm
Restitution Assistant responsibilities include:
- Work in Superior Court Victim/Witness Center to perform general clerical and support services related to restitution for victims of crime
- Collect and document payments from defendants, perform data entry, maintain restitution case files, and gather information on cases from police reports and court documents
Restitution Assistant requirements include:
- High School diploma required
- Excellent administrative, organizational, and customer service skills. Working knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment, and ability to type 35 words per minute
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to the cultural/ethnic diversity of the service population and to be sensitive to the needs of special populations, including both victims and defendants
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 15-20 Paid Leave Days (based on hours worked and years of service)
- Choice of pre-tax group health plans with generous employer contribution
- Medical (HMO), Dental (PPO), and Vision (PPO) Plans
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with 3% fully vested employer contribution plus 1% match
- Free $50,000 Basic Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Free Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)