Do you enjoy helping people achieve their hopes and dreams? Would you like to assist people with disabilities live, work, and fully participate in their communities? Do you enjoy working as part of a dedicated and caring TEAM of co-workers? If so, Sertoma Centre is the perfect organization to work for! We are seeking Direct Support Professionals for our Day Programs who are energetic and compassionate.
The Direct Support Professional (DSP) is responsible for providing individual and group training in a supportive environment to assigned consumers that are age-appropriate, functionally oriented, and responsive to the individual’s needs and interests as specified in the Individual Service Plan through a coordinated effort with the individual and others involved. This includes the provision of 1:1 services to specific consumers, as needed and assigned.
DSPs work Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM with a paid lunch. All staff are also encouraged to continue skill development and education through paid internal and external training. As full-time employees, we offer you a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a company matched retirement plan, plus other comprehensive benefits. You will also receive eleven paid holidays and generous paid time off.
• Develop a rapport with consumers and cultivate a safe and supportive relationship.
• Provide daily supervision and guidance for consumers during skill building activities.
• Develop and implement Personal Plan (PP) for consumers; assist consumers with goals and objectives as stated in their PP.
• Complete all needed documentation on a daily basis, including the implementation of the individual goals, objectives, and service objectives.
• Assist with daily activities, including assisting with personal hygiene, as needed.
• Update consumer case notes on a daily basis.
• Ensure an appropriate staff-to-consumer ratio at all times.