About HELP USA
At HELP USA, we work to ensure that everyone has a place to call home. We’re one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, individuals, veterans, survivors of domestic violence, people with physical and mental health challenges and disabilities, and seniors. With an annual operating budget approaching $150 million and 1400 employees working in nearly 60 programs, we have helped over 500,000 people facing homelessness and poverty to build better lives. We hope that you will consider joining our team in the fight against homelessness.
HELP USA is seeking a Case Manager whose primary goal will be to help clients obtain permanent housing and assist them in becoming self-sufficient. The Case Manager will provide services and referrals for clients including initial assessments; counseling; service planning; receipt of entitlements; and medical, educational, substance abuse, employment, child care, and mental health services. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Conducting initial intake interviews and assessments and coordinating with other members of the team to formulate an initial service plan that will lead to clients obtaining permanent housing.
- Meeting with clients in person at least weekly throughout their residency at a HELP USA site.
Providing leadership and direction regarding employment for clients
- Serving as a liaison for clients with various agencies, schools, health care providers, mental health providers, and employment training providers.
- Advocating for and assisting clients with the service delivery system to ensure receipt of entitlements and permanent housing.
- Ensuring that all team members update service and independent living plans and reviewing these plans with the client at least every 14 days.
- Explaining site policies and procedures to new clients and conducting biweekly unit/bed inspections and reviewing inspection results with clients.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or a related field required.
- Experience in case management, assessment, counseling and crisis intervention preferred.
- Knowledge of family systems approach to practice preferred.
- Knowledge of team concepts preferred.
- Computer literate, specifically with Microsoft applications, required.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace