About HELP USA
At HELP USA, we work to ensure that everyone has a place to call home. We’re one of the nation’s largest homeless services providers and low-income housing developers serving at-risk populations including families, individuals, veterans, survivors of domestic violence, people with physical and mental health challenges and disabilities, and seniors. With an annual operating budget approaching $150 million and 1400 employees working in nearly 60 programs, we have helped over 500,000 people facing homelessness and poverty to build better lives. We hope that you will consider joining our team in the fight against homelessness.
The Director of Social Services is responsible for the overall management and direction of a comprehensive program of social services for a single men’s or women’s shelter with the goal of expeditious placement of residents into permanent housing and providing assistance in becoming self-sufficient. Services include assessments, counseling, service planning, and developing and monitoring linkages with programs that provide entitlements and medical, educational, substance abuse, employment, and mental health services.
- Provide and ensure delivery of quality services to all residents through direct supervision of a team of Case Managers, Housing Specialists, and Employment Specialists.
- Coordinate all case management services, including assessments and development and implementation of service plans.
- Act as the point person with subcontractors and/or service providers including, but not limited to, medical providers, mental health providers, and employment services providers.
- Identify changing program needs and program gaps and develop new services, service directions, and/or programs to meet client needs.
- Ensure all employees in Social Services department receive all mandated training for HELP USA employees, social service employees, and any courses which are indicated for additional professional growth and development as a department or as individuals.
- Act as a liaison with other department directors.
- Collect, analyze, and report on departmental statistics as required by HELP USA, funding bodies, and regulatory agencies.
- Ensure adherence to all requisite regulations and HELP USA policies and procedures.
- Master’s Degree Required - Social Work, Counseling, or related field.
- Minimum five years management experience required, including experience working with homeless populations.
- Experience working with the NYC Department of Homeless Services is preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of team concepts, preferably in a residential setting.
- Computer literate specifically with Microsoft applications required.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred.
EOE. A Drug Free Workplace.