Program Manager – Safety Net Shelter|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Nov 15, 2019
||Depending on experience.
||US - California
||- n/a -
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Program Manager in the Safety Net Shelter. The Program Manager supervises Residential Counselors and Relief/On-Call Residential Counselors and cares for youth housed in our 20 bed co-ed Shelter for 11-17 year old youth by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversight of 20 bed shelter for runaway, homeless youth.
• Track and insure that all Residential Counselors obtain a minimum of 20 hours/year of continuing education
• Manage all scheduling of staff and maintain adequate ratios of staff to youth for each shift
• Monitor use of staff overtime and avoid whenever possible
• Oversee medication administration, documentation, expirations, destruction of medication and medication policies and procedures
• Crisis Intervention
• Ensure that Residential Counselors and youth maintain cleanliness and tidiness at the facility at all times and report all maintenance issues immediately
• Participate in monthly PQI committee and hold a minimum of quarterly PQI meetings with all staff in alignment with program metrics and grant goals.
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Train and cultivate Residential Counselor staff, provide mentorship, enforce policies and procedures for good care and supervision, complete annual performance evaluations and quarterly reviews
• Provide weekly individual supervision to each Residential Counselor across shifts
• Facilitate weekly staff meetings
• Develop relationships with police departments, community CBO’s and other potential partners for placement, referrals and coordination of services
• Maintain Title XXII regulations for program
• Keep census at full capacity
• Maintain expenditures within budget guidelines
• Assist Residential Counselors with setting weekly goals with their mentees that are measurable and celebrate all successes with staff and youth
• Run weekly Resident Council meeting with youth
• Oversee and signature authority for incentives, weekly allowance, recreation, program supplies, donations, clothing, birthdays, etc.
• Maintain client files and paperwork ensuring compliance with all regulatory agencies
• Complete, review and forward CCL Incident Reports within 1 business day of occurrence
• Conduct initial 6-month reviews for new hires and annual performance reviews for staff and Disciplinary/Corrective actions for staff if needed. Bring any serious performance concerns to the attention of Human Resources.
• Ensure that any BWC vehicles used are kept tidy and that any maintenance or safety issues are reported to the Facilities Manager immediately.
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manger or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
This job supervises Residential Counselors and RELIEF Residential Counselors in the 20-bed crisis residential program.
Master’s Degree in Counseling or Psychology and two to four years related field experience or Bachelor’s Degree and three to five years of related field experience required. Management and training experience required. Experience working with culturally diverse youth required. LCSW or LMFT desired. Experience with Community Care Licensing (CCL) programs a huge plus!
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/