Case Manager 2 for THPP/THP+ Foster Care|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Nov 15, 2019
||Depending on experience.
||US - California
||- n/a -
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Case Manager 2 for THPP/THP+ Foster Care program. The Case Manager for THPP/THP+ Foster Care provides youth and young mothers with living arrangements, case management services, and preparation for independent living. Also provides guidance to Residential Counselors in the THPP program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide case management services to youth in program.
• Assist youth in skills building including independent living skills and parenting skills.
• Assist youth with developing educational and vocational plans.
• Assist parenting youth with child care arrangements.
• Investigates home conditions to protect children from harmful environment.
• Evaluates children’s physical and psychological makeup to determine needs.
• Counsels’ children and parents, guardians, foster parents, or institution staff, concerning adjustments to THPP home situation, plans for child’s care, interactional behavior modifications needed, or rehabilitation.
• Provide intake assessments service for youth.
• In conjunction with youth, develop and implement a comprehensive transitional housing plan.
• Maintain case history records and reports. Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate. All documentation into AWARDS electronic health record by deadlines.
• Interview clients for purpose of screening to determine eligibility for agency services.
• Provide referral assistance to legal services (LACY), health services, drug and alcohol services and mental health services.
• Assist youth in developing and implementing an "Individualized Program Plan" to meet long-term housing and independent living needs.
• Utilize community resources to meet needs of youth in the program.
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Must work with clients to maintain an orderly and clean residential living area.
• Ensure that any BWC vehicles used are kept tidy and that any maintenance or safety issues are reported to the Facilities Manager immediately.
• Maintain budgetary responsibilities and management
• Attend quarterly collaborative THPP/THP + FC meetings
• Assist Division Director with development of policies and procedures and Resident Handbook
• Work with ILP, Teen Force and other programs to maximize youth employment and training opportunities
• Maintain CCL licensing regulations including reporting of incidents
• Assist with interviews, training and maintenance of House Monitors
• Maintain census capacity
• Partner with QA/QI Qualify Control staff to ensure accurate and timely outcome data
• Ensure that THPP sites are neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately. Case Manager and clients are responsible for day-to-day maintenance of orderly/clean homes.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree in Behavioral Health field – candidates on licensure track (registered with BBS) highly desired. Experience working with culturally diverse youth required. Knowledge of foster care, juvenile justice and runaway and homeless youth required. Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/