Outreach and Intake Worker|
International Institute of Los Angeles
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Nov 13, 2019
||US - California - Glendale, CA
||Outreach and Intake Worker
The Low-Income Fare is Easy (LIFE) Program provides transportation assistance to low-income individuals in Los Angeles County. The program offers fare subsidies that may be applied toward the purchase of Metro or any LIFE-participating operator pass or free regional ride options. This position plays a pivotal role providing exceptional community engagement outreach activities. The ideal candidate has experience in working with diverse people and working within a team environment. We are looking for someone who is comfortable working with the public, is effective at establishing partnerships, and is ready to adapt to new responsibilities quickly with a can-do, jump-right-in attitude.
Within a team work environment, the essential functions of the job include the following responsibilities:
1. Conduct extensive community outreach and recruitment of new agencies into the program.
2. Conduct onsite and offsite client screening, intake and enrollment of program participants.
3. Provide education and program information to the public.
4. Responsible for implementing the LIFE program requirements.
5. Maintain accurate files.
6. Set up monthly appointments for media distribution.
7. Conduct administrative review of internal billing procedures.
8. Responsible for the management of billing and distribution.
9. Participate in community events and conduct public program presentations.
10. Attend meetings and trainings.
11. Collecting monthly statistical data from approximately 300 agencies.
12. Treat all clients, visitors and co-workers with caring, kindness, respect and dignity.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to be flexible, self-directed, and responsible.
Ability to recognize, prioritize, and a commitment to accomplishment.
Ability to seek out and provide support for others as a team member.
Strong communication and organizational skills and maintain a strong focus on achieving results.
Proactive, solution oriented approach to problem solving.
Ability to be an appropriate role model.
Ability to demonstrate emotional maturity.
Must be bilingual (English/Mandarin)
Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work some weekends or holidays as needed.
Ability to handle and maintain confidential information. Ability to prioritize duties and multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must have a valid driver's license, insurance, a clean driving record and reliable personal transportation.
Criminal background clearance and copy of driving record will be required prior to employment.
Name: Veronica Leon
Address: 3845 Selig Place
City: Los Angeles
Country: United States