Department Director of Children and Youth|
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Jan 07, 2020
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Bronx
BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWorks is hiring (1) Department Director for Children & Youth Program.
• Oversee all program components, including staff orientation, training and development; client assessment, service plan development and progress; relationships with other community-based organizations; and components specific to the program.
• Set and implement department goals
• Actively participate in agency management
• Plan and develop department programs
• Lead fundraising activities; write proposals and or coordinate proposal writing team
• Develop budgets for new and existing programs
• Understand contractual obligations of department programs
• Monitor expenses and work cooperatively with the fiscal department
• Oversee contract reporting
• Develop corrective plans for programs that are not meeting contractual obligations
• Maintain positive relationships with funding sources
• Act as liaison between the department and the agency, i.e. interact with administration staff and staff within other departments; work to create positive working relationships within BronxWorks
• Supervisory expectations: o Conduct regular meetings with program directors (at least once per month)
o Perform case record reviews (sample case records of all programs at least once per month)
o Perform staff evaluations (progress reports for all programs at least once per month)
o Organize and plan staff training
o Read, analyze, and respond in writing to monthly reports from program directors
o Assist with personnel issues
o Develop job descriptions o Review and approve all staff hiring
o Discipline staff, including placing staff on interim performance review when appropriate
o Review and approve vacation requests
o Monitor staff compliance to agency guidelines (use of sick time, on-time performance, etc.)
o Assist in the termination of staff when necessary
o Participate in interdepartmental meetings and events
• Actively support agency-wide events
• Share resources with other departments
• Participate in relevant interagency organizations and coalitions
• Represent agency at public events
• Masters Degree in Social Work, Education, or another related field of study.
• A minimum of five years of experience in youth development experience.
• A minimum of 8 to 10 years of senior management in youth services
BronxWorks offers a variety of benefits to full-time salaried employees as well as part-time salaried employees who work at least 20 hours per week year-round. Generous paid time off for personal, vacation, parental, and medical leave and a pension plan that is 100% employer paid.