Waymakers (formerly Community Service Programs, Inc.) is a non-profit agency committed to supporting individuals on their journeys and fostering lasting change and positive impact throughout Orange County. Our vision is a community where individuals reach their highest potential and have support finding their way past conflict and crisis. Waymakers, which now celebrates 45 years of providing services in the area, is comprised of 8 core programs assisting over 120,000 persons a year.
Learn more at www.WaymakersOC.org.
Transition Coordinator responsibilities include:
-Provide in-home mental health rehabilitation services to youth involved in the juvenile justice system
- Assist youth in acquiring healthy social skills, positive decision making skills, school completion, career readiness, independent living skills, and conflict resolution skills to reduce recidivism and promote success, safety, wellness, recovery and permanence in the home, school, workforce, and community
- Work directly with consumers, ages 12-25, assisting them with daily activities related to their Care Plan to become inter-dependent, self-reliant and successful
- Daily documentation of services provided
- Maintain a “whatever it takes” approach to resolve challenges, encourage, and assist consumers to focus on meeting their goals
Transition Coordinator requirements include:
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, criminology or related discipline
- Ability to establish rapport, make accurate assessment of a youth and family’s needs, and assist the youth and family in practicing coping skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work with multicultural and diverse populations with sensitivity and respect
- Must be available for after-hours emergencies with 24/7 capability to respond via agency issued cell phone
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record and possession of a reliable automobile
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- 12 Paid Holidays
- 15-20 Paid Leave Days (based on hours worked and years of service)
- Choice of pre-tax group health plans with generous employer contribution
- Medical (HMO), Dental (PPO), and Vision (PPO)
- 401K Retirement Savings plan with 3% fully vested employer contribution plus 1% match
- Free $20,000 Basic Term Life/AD&D Insurance
- Free Employee Assistance Program (EAP)