The Case Manager at the Prince George will carry a caseload of between 25- 30 clients. The Case Manager is responsible to provide direct services to each individual including but not limited to:
1. Using a Person Centered approach to helping the clients on your caseload set goals, identify interests, and address concerns,
2. Help the client to identify Interest and involvement in employment, education, volunteering, and other adult role activities,
3. Be a source of support in a non-judgmental manner,
4. Help your clients to identify postivie ways of spending time,
5. Help your clients to understand and proactively address diagnosis (medical, psychiatric, substance abuse),
6. Utilize psycho-educational techniquest to help clients understand, adhere to, and advocate with their providers medication regimens.
7. Regularly assess for risk factors for violence against self or others,
8. Utlizing the cleint's psychosocial history, in order to best understand them and provide strategic interventions and services.
9. Regularly coordinate care with all collateral contacts.
Assist some clients with the self-administration of medication as necessary, including:
1. Following agency policies and procedures,
2. Proactively identifying and resolving or reporting problems,
3. Helping people move towards greater independence managing their medication.