Case Manager - OSH Families Rapid Rehousing|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Nov 01, 2019
||- n/a -
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Case Manager in the OSH Families Rapid Rehousing. The Case Managers provide intensive case management and supportive services, which secures stable housing for homeless youth and families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Collaborate with school staff to identifying families in need of services.
• Complete intake / assessment to the identify needs and strengths of the referred families for services using VI-SPDAT and SPDAT
• Assist families and students in developing and implementing an "Individualized Action Plan" to meet short and long-term needs.
• Complete case note documentation on a timely basis.
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate to evaluate effectiveness of services delivered
• Enter data in AWARDS, HMIS and complete exit assessments as required. Ensure that client and program records are maintained and up to date, ensure data entry is timely and provide reports as required.
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Provide case management to clients of the program
• Assist and support families with housing searches and to secure permanent housing.
• Recruits, establishes, and maintains professional working relationships with landlords and property managers, with an emphasis on increasing program participation.
• Develop relationships with landlords and provide mediation between landlords and families as needed.
• Ensure that client and program records are maintained and up to date, ensure data entry is timely and provide reports as required.
• Participate in agency, program, and community meetings as appropriate.
• Assist Program Supervisor as needed/requested.
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manger or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B.A. B.S.) from four-year College or university or equivalent combination of education and experience. Housing needs and assistance experience required. Experience working with culturally diverse population. Current CPR and First Aid Certification required (or complete within 30 days of hire). Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/