Foster Care Licensing Worker|
Unity Parenting & Counseling Inc.
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Oct 30, 2019
||- n/a -
||33,000 - 44,000
||US - Illinois - Chicago
||- n/a -
Primary Work Function:
Under supervision provide recruitment, application processing, monitoring, advocacy, and training to caregivers. Must be able to demonstrate sensitivity to the service population's cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
1 Screens prospective foster parents in accordance with Rule 402 Foster Family Home Licensing Standards and complete and submit application transmittal packet for foster care license in a timely manner.
2 Recruits foster parents on an ongoing basis.
3 Works with relative caregivers to facilitate the licensing process.
4. Registers and arranges for formal pre-service training for prospective foster parents in Adopt Pride and formal in-service training for existing foster parents.
5. Conducts regular foster parent training at least one time a month to meet with COA standards.
6. Reviews the Foster Parent Handbook with all prospective foster parents and ensure that all elements are understood and accounted for.
7 Completes case notes and CF5 590/7 within 48hours of occurrence. Conducts follow-up visits after 60 days of initial licensure, at six month intervals (monitoring visit) to ensure that licensed homes remain in compliance and that children's needs are met.
8. Complete monthly monitoring visit report by the 5th of the following month.
9. Investigates allegations of non-compliance and prepare a report of findings within 30days. If indicated, develops a corrective action plan to be reviewed and approved by the Dir. of Special Projects.
10 Monitors all corrective action plans and staffs progress with the Director of Special Projects.
11. When needed, investigates allegations and prepares documentation for revocation when appropriate.
12. Attend Placement Staffings to discuss options for placement and document results.
13. Maintains accurate records regarding licensing status and progress.
14. Maintains licensing files in accordance with Rule 402 standards.
15. Prepares for and attends supervision on a weekly basis.
16. Maintains all licensing files in a secure area as required to maintain confidentiality.
17. Respond within a 24 hour time frame to crisis situations in regards to placement issues.
18. Updates the foster parent implementation plan in consultation with foster parents and submits to IDCFS annually as required by IDCFS.
19. Works with case managers to arrange pre-placement visits with foster parents as needed, when possible, a 4 hour visit and a weekend visit should be arranged.
Training And Skills
Two years experience as a Licensing Representative.
Ability to help others gain skills and confidence to address the issues and problems they face.
Ability to work collaboratively with other personnel, and/or service providers or professionals.
Ability to set limits and intervene appropriately to meet the needs of persons served.
Conviction about the capacity of people to grow and change.
Pass a CANTS (Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System) check.
Pass a Criminal Background check.
Possess and maintain a valid Drivers License and possess safe and reliable transportation.
Possess and maintain adequate Liability Insurance for the vehicle.
Possess a Child Welfare License, 402 and CCA
Possess an official transcript upon hire.
Name: DILMA MORAN
Address: 600 W. Cermak Rd.
Country: United States