Position: Residence Staff Worker
Reports To: Residence Director
Fountain House successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. We were founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
Fountain House provides professional development opportunities and promotes from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires personal growth and development.
• Engage and work alongside members in the residence or apartment to perform necessary tasks for the upkeep of the residence and the well being of members.
• Assist members with all aspects of community support services and case management work (including housing and entitlements, clinical linkage and follow-up, etc.).
• Establish and update goals and record progress of members, with members.
• Prepare and submit paperwork (including service plans, progress notes, plan reviews, etc.), in a consistent and timely manner.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• BA/ BS required, particularly in a relevant human services field.
• The following schedules are available:
1. Friday – Monday: 12PM to 10PM
2. Wednesday – Saturday: 10PM to 8AM
• Must be flexible and able to work any residential shift, including evening and weekend, as needed.
• Valid Driver’s License preferred.
• Working knowledge of mental illness, including previous relevant paid employment
• Positive, energetic, dynamic and engaging personality
• Flexibility, as demonstrated by interactions with other staff; staying late or arriving early, as necessary, to fulfill residence or member needs.
• Excellent organizational skills
• Team approach
• Bi-lingual a plus.
To apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to ResidenceCareers@fountainhouse.org. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO