North Central Bronx Hospital is a state-of-the-art community hospital located in a residential Bronx neighborhood just 20 minutes north of Manhattan. It is a NYC Health + Hospitals - North Bronx Healthcare Network facility affiliated with Jacobi Medical Center and an academic affiliate and major teaching site of the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. North Central Bronx offers a full continuum of acute care inpatient and outpatient services in medical and surgical specialties, including psychiatry.
The Department of Behavioral Health has 70 adult and geriatric acute inpatient beds, a partial hospital program, psychiatric emergency and consultation-liaison services, an adult ambulatory practice, and a community-based assertive community treatment program. The department employs evidenced-based best practices in providing the highest quality care to its patients in a patient-centered approach that is respectful of their individuality, culture, and community.
In partnership with NYC Health + Hospitals/North Central Bronx our teams handle more than 156,000 outpatient visits, more than 50,000 emergency room visits and more than 7,500 admissions annually in the 232-bed facility. The hospital maintains an academic affiliation with the James J. Peters VA Medical Center.
We are currently accepting applications for a Full Time Psychologist to join the Psychiatry ER Unit. This is a contract position (of renewable 6-month or 1-year).
• Participating in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings
• Complete Psychiatric assessments of patients in the PES and CL Services
• Participating in the disposition of patients
• Supervising psychology interns and externs as assigned by the Director of Psychology or Designate
• Participating in psychology staff meetings and Internship and Externship training programs
• Keeping abreast of current psychological theory, treatment and testing approaches designed to maintain and/or increase population specific therapeutic and diagnostic assessment skills through attendance at workshops, conferences and seminars
• Participating in training committee meetings as assigned by the Director of Psychology, or designate
• Providing or supervising psychological testing on the unit as needed
• Completion of two years of graduate work consisting of at least 60 graduate credits (semester hours) in Psychology
• In an accredited graduate program leading to a doctoral degree in clinical psychology, counseling psychology, health psychology or neuropsychology, plus, two years of satisfactory full-time experience in one of the above-named areas under the supervision of a qualified Psychologist or Psychiatrist
• Completion of APA-approved internship in professional psychology will be deemed as evidence of meeting all supervised experience requirements
• It is expected that all staff members who have obtained a doctoral degree in psychology and who have direct patient contact for clinical purposes will obtain a State License as soon as they are eligible