Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have wonderful opportunities for RELIEF Residential Counselors at the Young Adult Family Shelter (Overnight, Day and Swing Shift) Under the supervision of the Program Manager, the RELIEF Residential Counselor performs the following duties and responsibilities for the program when covering for open shifts. The RELIEF Residential Counselor is not a full time position, but provides relief/coverage for open shifts at the DIC Respite, Interim Housing and Young Adult Shelter programs (overnight and swing) – hours, if any, are based on availability of open shifts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cares for young adults in the respite, interim or young adult shelter programs and serves as an appropriate role model for young adults
• Completes documentation regarding client issues/progress timely and accurately
• Ensure safety of young adults in program
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with co-workers, clients and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure
• Attend agency meetings as appropriate
• Maintains statistics and records as required – data entry of program statistics
• Positions are overnight or swing shift and require flexibility of schedule
• Ensure that BWC site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manger or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance and punctuality is a requirement of the position.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Other duties as may be assigned.