We have a wonderful opportunity for a FULL TIME Case Manager / Host Home Recruiter– Santa Cruz County (Must have flexible availability to work some evenings and weekends) The Case Manager / Host Home Recruiter will work closely with LGBTQ Supervisor in recruiting host homes including LGBTQ friendly host homes for youth age 18-24 in need of immediate housing. The Case Manager / Host Home Recruiter is also responsible for retention of host homes as well facilitating trainings and certifications for host home members. In addition, will provide case management to clients assigned to the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Marketing: Assist the Marketing department with materials for marketing and recruiting
• Field all calls of prospective host homes and send out interest packets
• Create a plan that includes creative ideas for marketing and recruiting host homes
• Plan and consult with management on all contacts with newspapers and other media on a weekly basis regarding advertising possibilities.
• Program Development: Co-create program policies and procedures based on Host Home Program best practices. Areas to develop include:
• Recruitment, screening, ongoing support, and retention of hosts
• Communication practices between partner organizations to assure needs and concerns of youth and hosts are being addressed in a regular and systematic way
• Program Implementation: Plan and execute activities to implement the Host Home Program. This includes:
• Activities to recruit, screen, support, and retain hosts
• Meet with potential host home families in person at office or their home to assess appropriateness and fit for program to help through completion of paperwork
• Ongoing case management of hosts
• Regular communication and collaborative meetings with youth case management partners
• Complete initial and annual home inspections for host homes and maintain appropriate documentation. Maintain minimum number of required available host homes.
• Track host home family file documentation for compliance before and after placement (including DOJ fingerprint processing)
• Engage youth in Host Home Program consultation and feedback: meet with youth consultants in development of Host Home Program policies and procedures and attend bimonthly Youth Consultant Team meetings
• Attend staff meetings and trainings as required
• Participate in Host Home Program evaluation
• Cultivate culture of learning for Host Home Program: plan and attend regular, ongoing trainings related to topics connected to Host Home Program including supporting LGBTQ+ youth experiencing housing instability, positive youth development, trauma-informed care, and host home best practices
• Collaborate with local partners and appropriately connect young people in need of housing with hosts.
• Keep inventory of forms needed for host home recruitment/placement
• Create and send memos, newsletters and correspondence to host homes
• Organize appreciation events and other activities to increase host home retention
• Complete special projects as required
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/