Full Time Social Worker/Counselor – Mental Health Clinic
The Family Center Mental Health Clinic provides mental health services to 250 families in the Brooklyn area. We offer assessment and treatment for children, adolescents and family members affected by mental health issues. The Social Worker/Counselor provides on-going mental health services and monitoring for a caseload of 30-33 clients. S/he will report to the Clinic Director.
• Provide agency-based therapeutic counseling for children, adolescents and adults in an outpatient OMH funded mental health clinic.
• Provide thorough assessments and develop quarterly service plans for individuals and families.
• Responsible for all documentation and communication with families and clients.
• Assist clients in obtaining additional medical services, as needed.
• Work as part of a multidisciplinary team which includes other social workers and family coordinators, psychiatrists and ancillary agencies to provide services to families and clients affected by mental illness such as NYS Department of Education, ACS , as needed.
• Develop and facilitate groups designed to meet the needs of families and clients affected by mental illness.
• Monitor client’s treatment and comply with all required documentation in a timely manner.
• Ensure continuity of services for clients and families; collaborate with other social service agencies to provide wraparound services for clients and their families.
• Present to community groups about clinical issues which arise when working with families with chronic/terminal illness and with families headed by grandparent caregivers.
• Maintain appropriate documentation of work.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Licensed LMSW, LCSW, LMHC or LMFT by the state of New York.
• Master Degree in Social Work or related field (Psychology, counseling, mental health)
• Excellent writing skills, ability to submit documentation on a set timeline.
• Ability to work as part of a clinical team.
• Proficient computer skills( ability to utilize Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint), familiar with electronic documentation programs (Net smart, Evolv)
• Thorough understanding of DSM-V mental health diagnoses and treatment approaches for adults and children.
• Familiar with Evidence Based practice model of treatment ( MI, CBT, CRAFT)
• Ability to provide professional, confidential services to families and function in a high paced environment.
• Bilingual fluency preferred( Spanish, Creole)
Please email resume with cover letter that includes salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Social Worker / Counselor – Mental Health Clinic” in subject line.
The Family Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Family Center is covered under FMLA.