The Assistant Director of Care Management Services supports the Director of Care Management Services in the oversight, management, program quality and supervision of SAGE’s Caregiving services. The above includes both clinical and task supervision of Care Managers and Interns, ensuring compliance with NYC Department for the Aging (DFTA), other funder and internal agency standards.
- Develop, train and supervise SAGE’s Care Management staff. Activities include oversight of staff’s caseloads including case notes & documentation, and provision of task and clinical supervision, all in accordance of current best practices.
- Oversee recruitment, orientation, and training of Care Management Interns
- Ensure that Care Management services meet funder (DFTA, DOHMH, etc) benchmarks, outcomes, and timelines in compliance with all regulatory, government/other funder requirements, as well as with SAGE requirements and expectations, regarding the quality of our Caregiving services.
- Ensure Care Management Program maintains continuous audit readiness; that staff’s case notes and documentation is complete and timely, within all electronic resources and databases, concerning all programmatic, personal, and/or financial data
- Clinically review and approve services provided by care management staff
- Provide on-going skills assessment and feedback to staff during weekly supervisions, summarize annually in formal performance reviews
- Facilitate Caregiving program-related events
- Oversee Care Management operation in the Director’s absence
- Provide other support as needed, to programming or to SAGE overall
LMSW (LCSW preferred) and SIFI is recommended (or willingness to obtain within first 12 months of employment)
- Sufficient and/or demonstrated experience in a similar or related role, within a Caregiving or other NYC regulated program of a similar type or size
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated track record of collaboration, leading and influencing progress of complex projects towards goals across a department and/or organization; understanding interrelationship between Program, Finance, Development, and other stakeholders, in ensuring successful outcomes
- Demonstrated project management ability, involving complex and sometimes unpredictable variables
- Familiarity with NYC DFTA, DOHMH, or similar NYC/NYS agencies and their systems/ processes
- Superior written and verbal communication skills and support of SAGE’s mission and core values