Half time HIV Prevention Navigator: Meaningful opportunity to contribute to ending the HIV epidemic in Brooklyn by providing health education and linkage to services for people considering PrEP (pre-exposure prophylaxis for HIV prevention).
Manage client cases to include risk behavior screening, PrEP/PEP education, counseling, follow-up, and logistical support. Coordinate navigation support for all PrEP/PEP appointments.
• High School Diploma, with at least one year of Community Health Worker experience OR
• Associates degree with at least 3 years of experience providing HIV health education, risk reduction, and/or PrEP/PEP education.
• Lived experience with populations of interest, particularly transgender or gender non-binary individuals, African American women, and/or men who have sex with men.
• Experience working with HIV positive, HCV, substance abuse use and/or high-risk populations.
• Ability to provide services at both Downstate and Brookdale STAR Health Center campuses.
• BA/BS degree with at least 3 years of experience providing HIV health education, risk reduction, and/or PrEP/PEP education.
• Bilingual English/Spanish or English/Creole.
• Computer, verbal, organizational, social media experience.