Part Time Cook|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Oct 11, 2019
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - Santa Clara
||- n/a -
Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a part time Cook. Monday – Friday 20 hours per week. The Cook prepares and cooks family style meals for residents of the Safety Net Shelter.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cooks food in quantities according to menu and number of persons to be served. This includes advance preparation of lunch and dinner meals for weekends
• Meal planning to include a monthly menu
• Coordinate food purchases to include shopping
• Maintain proper food storage and ensure work area is neat, clean and disinfected.
• Wash dishes
• Cut meats
• Plans menus taking advantage of foods in season and local availability.
• Order supplies and keeps records and accounts. Ensure sufficient supplies are kept on hand at all times (includes stocking up when taking planned vacations)
• Ensure that any BWC vehicles used are kept tidy and that any maintenance or safety issues are reported to the Facilities Manager immediately.
• Report all maintenance or safety issues to manger or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Complete kitchen cleaning each day including refrigerator, counter tops, stainless steel, dishes, and stove and mopping of the floors.
• Ensure that the dining room area is mopped daily
• Ensure that every item in the refrigerator is labeled with dates of first use.
• Participate in Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Other duties as assigned
High school diploma or GED; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education & experience. Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.Safe food service certificate or must have within 2 weeks of employment.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/