Position: Mental Health Counselor
Reports To: Unit Leader
Fountain House is looking for creative, dynamic and community-focused individuals to provide direct support to adults with serious mental illness in an innovative community-based program. For nearly seventy years, Fountain House has used a person-in-environment approach to create working communities that help individuals with mental illness to successfully manage their recovery. Candidates would join a team of five staff and approximately thirty individuals with mental illness to create a holistic community of recovery that follows our evidence-based model.
• Case management.
• Individual vocational supports.
• Co-Manage Transitional Employment Placement positions.
• Engage individuals in the Fountain House community as part of their rehabilitation.
• Use the community to design positive interventions to deal with common barriers such as social isolation, poor self-esteem, anxiety, symptom management and poverty.
• Work in a team environment.
• Other duties, as assigned.
• Must possess current and valid U.S. work authorization and be eligible to work for any U.S. employer without sponsorship.
• Master’s degree required.
• Positive, dynamic and engaging personality.
• Flexibility, as demonstrated by interchangeability with other staff on the unit, staying late or arriving early, if necessary to fulfill unit or member needs.
• Must be able to work Monday – Friday: 9AM to 5PM and occasionally work on evenings and weekends.
• Working knowledge of mental illness.
• Experience working in a community setting.
• Non-clinical, community approach.
• Driver's License preferred.
• Bi-lingual a plus.
• Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Starting Salary: $42K with Master’s degree, $45K with MSW degree
1. Paid Time Off Accrued for maximum of 23 days
2. Ten (10) Paid Holidays
3. Paid Bereavement Leave
4. Medical, dental and vision plans
5. Life Insurance paid by Fountain House (2x salary)
6. Optional Life Insurance
7. Long-Term Disability
8. Supplemental Short-Term Disability
9. Tuition Assistance
10. Flexible Spending Account
11. Health Savings Account
12. 403(b) Retirement Plan