Provide social work services to Methadone program clients, patient education as part of an interdisciplinary team. Provides weekly or bi-weekly supervision to a small number of counseling staff. Assists with follow through of problems encountered in caseload.
· Establishes knowledge of all program areas including intake, orientation, treatment, and documentation.
· Provides weekly or bi-weekly supervision to a small number of counseling staff.
· Assists supervises with in follow through on problems being encountered in caseload.
· Reviews charts on a regular and timely basis and reviews any problematic areas with Clinical Supervisor.
· Assists in the formulation of annual performance reviews.
· Carries a caseload of 20 to 30 patients, providing them with a range of social work services, e.g. individual and group counseling.
· Assists in the determination of day-to-day scheduling, coverage and staffing patterns.
· Master’s Degree in Social Work with two years of experience or Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work with five years of experience.
· Knowledge of Substance Abuse and Methadone Maintenance Treatment.
· Must be able to maintain the normal standard of ethics, conduct and organization policies in job related activities.
About Greenwich House:
Founded in 1902 as a settlement house to help New York’s increasing immigrant population adjust to life in a new country, today Greenwich House offers programs in social services, arts and education that provide thousands of New Yorkers with enrichment and cultural experiences.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate a diverse workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to actual or perceived age, race, sex, religion, creed, color, citizenship, sexual orientation, ethnicity, familial status, liability for military service, genetic pre-disposition or carrier status, national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, marital status, gender identity or expression, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other bases protected under federal, state and local laws, regulations or ordinance.
Greenwich House benefits as administered by 1199 SEIU include:
Health, Prescription, Dental and Vision
Pension and Retirement
Financial & Social Services
Child Care & Youth Services
[For more details go to https://www.1199seiubenefits.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/NBF-Complete-Summary-Plan-Description.pdf]
We are a well-established team of professionals in NYC, committed to professional growth and development. We offer a competitive compensation package, which includes health insurance, life insurance, 403b and generous paid leave.