The Department of Children and Families seeks a Deputy Director for the Division of Family and Community Partnership (DFCP). Responsible for partnering with NJ communities to promote growth of provider networks and community partnerships.
Ensure the strategic vision is effectively implemented; leading staff to achieve DCF strategic plan goals & progress the work of prevention in the statewide networks. Requires extensive travel within NJ & occasional travel outside the region.
Provide administrative support to the Assistant Commissioner & assist in management of the Division’s core functions:
* Recommend policies & procedures to support Division’s mission
* Oversee the design, implementation & management of major projects
* Grant writing with focus on federal grants
* Strong effective communication
* Participate in senior leadership meeting
* Represent the Division to outside groups & the public
* Serve as Acting Director in the Assistant Commissioner’s absence
* Provide professional presentations before lay/professional groups, and plan, conduct, & participate in workshops, conferences & training programs
Provide leadership & supervision to the staff & managers in the DFCP Operations Units:
* Plan & assign work across the Division to meet goals and objectives in the DCF and DFCP strategic plans, the state’s prevention plan
* Thought Leader in Prevention, use data to propose adaptations to meet the goal of the Division
* Strategically develop staff, evaluate employee performance, coach & develop areas of concern; recommend promoting & disciplining of subordinates
* Ensure adequate & appropriate use of staffing resources, operations & workflow
* Master's with preference given to degrees in Business Administration, Public Administration, Public Policy, Community Development, & Strategic Planning and Implementation.
* 6 yrs exp in operational oversight & development within public and/or private non-profit or related organizations, with responsibility for organizing & overseeing services to the community, working with fellow non-profits and NJ State Depts, project management, & organizational leadership. At least 3 yrs senior level or higher mgmt exp pref’d.
RESUME NOTE: Eligibility determinations based upon information presented on resume and supporting documents. Applicants with a degree from a college or university outside the US must provide an evaluation of one’s transcripts from a recognized evaluation service. Failure to do so may result in ineligibility.
LICENSE: Driver’s license valid in NJ required only if the operation of a vehicle, rather than employee mobility, is necessary to perform the essential duties of the position.
RESIDENCY LAW: Refer to the NJ Department of Children and Families’ website at www.state.nj.us/dcf.
SALARY: Commensurate with education & experience.
Submit a cover letter & resume:
Linda M. Dobron, Executive Director, OHR
PO Box 717
Trenton, NJ 08625-0717
New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer