BronxWorks helps individuals and families improve their economic and social well-being. From toddlers to seniors, we feed, shelter, teach, and support our neighbors to build a stronger community. In all aspects of our work, we strive for the highest ethical and performance standards and is guided by the belief that people are to be treated with dignity and respect regardless of their present situation or past experiences.
BronxWork is hiring (1) Social Worker for the Willow Ave Family Residence Program.
• Provide direct services to clients, including engagement, intake, assessment, service plan development, referral, advocacy, therapeutic counseling, reassessment, and exit summaries.
• Manage a case load for a diverse client population.
• Monitor and document client progress toward service plan goals; document all interactions with, or on behalf of, clients.
• Provide group counseling as assigned by the program director.
• Teach parenting classes as required.
• Maintain familiarity with program resources available on- and off-site.
• Coordinate client services with mental health, medical, employment, educational, child care and other social service providers.
• Review and sign off on service plans and psychosocial assessments as assigned.
• Conduct regular home and field visits as required.
• Conduct regular case conferences with clients and service providers as required.
• Assist with special projects as assigned including representing agency at interagency events.
• Act as program contact person for inquiries concerning clients.
• Assist with the supervision of paraprofessional staff.
• Supervise all office functions in the supervisor’s absence as assigned.
• Report to and meet with the supervisor on a regular basis.
• Complete program reports.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by manager.