Full time, Sunday 8am-10pm, Monday and Tuesday 12-10pm, Wednesday 12-6pm.
This position will support group mental health treatment of residential boys between the ages of 12 - 18 in a mental health clinic and a residential setting.
Responsibilities in Mental Health:
• Assists assigned Behavioral Specialist in co-leading groups and will be a relational/behavioral support to the group members/leader.
• Meets with appropriate Mental Health staff prior to the start of group and following to plan and process the Mental Health day.
• Provides behavioral interventions for clients in mental health groups.
• Actively participates in group.
Responsibilities in Residential Program:
• Working knowledge of basic health and safety issues as well as current knowledge of psychopathology and treatment needs of residents.
• Maintain delivery of multidisciplinary treatment plan for assigned residents.
• Assures standards of care are appropriately identified.
• Contacts appropriate individuals during crisis.
• Assures daily documentation consistently reflects a resident assessment, the care provided, the resident’s response to and the outcomes of care provided.
• High School graduate required and have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year or have a Bachelor of Art or Sciences Degree. Other education/experience may qualify.
• Obtain, within 30 days of employment, Pro-ACT, Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certification and maintain such certification current through the term of employment with SGCC.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance if transporting clients/families. Must have held a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 5 years.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Live Scan clearance, pre-employment physical, TB test and drug test.