This position will support group mental health treatment of residential boys between the ages of 12 - 18 in a mental health clinic and a residential setting. Provides substance abuse counseling, training and education.
• Provides group substance abuse counseling for youth ages 12 to18 years old who abuse substances or are at risk.
• Provides substance abuse education to youth at risk for using substances.
• Educates staff about substance abuse. Assists them in identifying signs and behaviors of a person abusing substance.
• Counsels clients, individually and in group sessions to assist in overcoming or preventing dependencies, adjusting to life, and making changes.
• Counsels caregivers to assist them in understanding, dealing with, and supporting clients with substance abuse issues.
• Provides clients or caregivers with information about addiction issues and available services and programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary.
• High School graduate required and have previously been employed as a staff or volunteer at a group home or short-term residential therapeutic center for at least one year or have a Bachelor of Art or Sciences Degree. Other education/experience may qualify.
• Certified Alcohol Drug Counselor
• Obtain, within 30 days of employment, Pro-ACT, Red Cross CPR and First Aid Certification and maintain such certification current through the term of employment with SGCC.
• Maintain a valid driver’s license and provide proof of insurance if transporting clients/families. Must have held a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 5 years.
• Must be able to obtain and maintain Live Scan clearance, pre-employment physical, TB test and drug test.