Residential Specialist– Domestic Violence Programs|
Urban Resource Institute - URI
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Oct 03, 2019
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York
||- n/a -
Responsible for a variety of assignments in areas of service delivery as dictated by the needs of the program. Included are the provisions, as needed and assigned, counseling services to adults and children, and assisting other treatment and administrative staff in service delivery.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Respond to and conduct hotline interviews and present to Administration for approval.
2. Provide warm, compassionate welcome to new residents.
3. Complete necessary admissions paperwork.
4. Provide initial orientation to program.
5. Conduct recreational activities and accompany residents on field trips, as assigned. Assist in special on-site events.
6. Provide childcare and actively engage with residents.
7. Assist in escorting residents to services and activities outside of the facility, such as clinics, income maintenance center, and housing referrals.
8. Provide administrative support in areas of office coverage, telephone, and clerical work.
9. Distribute donations and supplies to residents.
10. Conduct room checks.
11. Perform light maintenance/housekeeping responsibilities.
12. Assist in providing security coverage including building rounds; distribute room keys to residents.
13. Maintain a log of visitors entering and exiting the premises and record all unusual incidents per established procedures.
14. Function independently in times of facility coverage including responsibility for appropriate action in crisis situations per agency procedure and make necessary phone calls as needed.
15. Provide shift summaries.
16. Meet with Shift Supervisor for individual and group supervision.
17. Participate in monthly staff meetings and training seminars conducted to enhance and develop one’s skills.
18. Conduct support groups.
19. Conduct regular scheduled rounds to ensure safety and therapeutic availability.
20. Read and update the residents and staff log books daily.
21. Monitor the daily room availability and conduct the necessary outreach.
22. Meet with assigned case manager on a regular basis to assist in assigned tasks.
23. Maintain progress notes for each resident, documenting assistance provided.
24. Perform other duties as assigned by Shift Supervisor.
1. Employee must be computer-literate and must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
2. Excellent written and verbal skills required.
3. Possess Customer Service Skills.
4. Must have ability to be flexible with schedule as needed.
5. Must be knowledgeable and sensitive to DV issues.
6. Bilingual a plus
1. Bachelor Degree with internships in Human Services or Associate Degree with (2-4) years’ experience in Human Services or High School Diploma or GED with (4-5) years’ experience.