Bilingual Social Worker (Full Time Permanent)|
Sunnyside Community Services
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Oct 03, 2019
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York - Sunnyside
||- n/a -
The bilingual social worker working under the name of Caregiver Support Specialist is responsible for conducting detailed assessments of caregivers and their care receivers to determine client needs and eligibility for services and engaging with client to develop a care plan. Duties include providing ongoing counseling, assistance and referrals for benefits & entitlements, education and information about caregiving supports, and facilitating educational training events for caregivers. The social worker will also lead Spanish speaking support groups and perform outreach in the community to identify and build a new client base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct intake and assessment screening of both caregiver and care receiver, assessing mental and physical health needs and supports, and financial eligibility for benefits, entitlements and respite services.
• Perform home visits to both caregivers and care receivers to evaluate unmet needs.
• Collaborate with the caregiver to develop a plan of care and implement constructive short and long-term interventions through counseling, education about caregiving supports, long-term planning, and assistance with benefits.
• Link caregivers to other service providers such as mental health, medical care, and financial management services as needed.
• Lead one or more support groups, providing emotional support and psycho-education about various issues related to caregiving and self-care.
• Provide timely documentation and maintenance of client files and progress notes.
• Participate in outreach activities throughout Western Queens to increase awareness among caregivers about the services of the Caregiver Program.
• Work as part of the team to support the needs of the program.
• Office setting and in clients’ homes, involving use of public or private transportation.
• Some evening and weekend hours.
• Bending, sitting, stooping and standing
• Walking up and down stairs.
• MSW, or BSW or other related bachelor’s degree with at least 2 years’ experience in social services, and senior benefits.
• Experience working with caregiver and older adult populations preferred; knowledge of dementia care a plus.
• Bilingual Spanish required.
• Must have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, and experience with client databases. Experience with STARS/PeerPlace is preferred but not required.
• Ability to provide accurate and timely documentation required.
• Time management skills to coordinate multiple responsibilities and services.
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and public speaking communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively and appropriately with other team members, community agencies, and clients with diverse opinions, values and cultures.
SCS offers an Excellent Benefits Package:
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance
403B pension plan with employer contribution
Flexible spending account and transit checks
Employee Assistance Program
20 days of paid vacation and 12 paid sick days per year
12 paid Holidays
Five personal/floating days
Sunnyside Community Services’ strength lies in its ability to work with people at every stage in their lives and in their own communities. We pride ourselves in an approach that is comprehensive, caring and community-based.
How to Apply:
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com, Attn: Katie Hine or mail to 43-31 39th Street, Sunnyside, NY 11104. Indicate “Bilingual Caregiver Support Specialist – Your Name” in the subject line.
Sunnyside Community Services is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer