Social Work Supervisor – Domestic Violence Programs|
Urban Resource Institute - URI
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Oct 03, 2019
||- n/a -
||- n/a -
||US - New York
||- n/a -
The Social Work Supervisor assesses mental and emotional functioning of residents and administers programs for necessary treatment. She/he provides clinical supervision to the counseling unit through case analysis, treatment planning and supervisory process. She/he also provides direct treatment services and issues referrals.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Responsible for the clinical supervision of Case Managers, Child Therapist, Housing Specialist and Interns.
2. Provides administrative and group supervision
3. Coordinates staff training, meetings, supervision and ensure other opportunity for the professional development of staff.
4. Coordinates mental health referrals
5. Attend consortium meetings, e.g. with HRA and others to discuss issues pertaining to service delivery.
6. Evaluates mental health status for residents on admission by completing comprehensive evaluation (CFEs).
7. Coordinates mental health/psychiatric care and referral.
8. Provides brief psychotherapy.
9. Develop a resource of network social services providers.
10. Chairs case conference meetings and coordinates service plan implementation.
11. Develops and facilitates group meetings.
12. Monitors resident records for compliance and best practices.
13. Functions independently in times of facility coverage including responsibility for appropriate action in crisis situation per agency procedures.
14. Attend monthly staff meeting and case conferences.
15. Regularly assess the safety and well-being of all clients.
16. Participate in weekly individual and group supervision with Program Director.
17. Participate in training seminars conducted to enhance and develop clinical skills.
18. Function independently in time of facility coverage, including responsibility for appropriate action in crisis situation per agency procedure.
19. Assist with reports and program evaluation.
20. Assists the Childcare Supervisor with overlapping needs of children and residents.
21. Reviews progress notes and service plans.
22. Monitors client compliance.
Essential Job Requirements
1. Masters Degree in Social Work, and/or a Licensed Social work degree.
2. Five years of experience, working with victims of domestic violence and their dependent children.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity and experience with and/or knowledge of domestic violence within and against disenfranchised communities including individuals whom identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and/or HIV-affected, the elderly and individuals with mental health issues.
1. Employee must be computer-literate and must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
2. Excellent written and verbal skills are required.
3. Work in collaboration with other departments, agencies, systems and institutions to maximize scarce resources.
4. Ensure Quality Assurance and Best Practices in service delivery.