We are seeking fee-for-service LMSW Psychotherapists for a busy private practice for the following days:
Please do not apply if you are not consistently available on these days. Fee for service staff must be willing to work a minimum of 8- 45 to 60 minute sessions with a maximum of 20 sessions weekly.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a clinician, you would conduct intake assessments, provide individual, family, or relationship psychotherapy, coaching, and referrals when needed. All clinicians hired will receive individual and team clinical supervision with an LCSW, with hours counting towards the requirements for the LCSW exam.
The benefits of working in a private practice include a higher pay rate, consistent supervision, the ability to make your own schedule, substantially LESS paperwork than is required in a clinic, and the ability to work with clients using the modality of your choosing.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, the kind of person who is always looking for work to do and ways to help best support their team. Must be willing to do things outside the scope of their job description on occaision and must not feel that any task is below them. Additionally, will have graduated from a top-tier social work graduate program, have a strong interest in improving the quality of behavioral healthcare as well as a passion and strong commitment to social justice and volunteer work.
Please submit the following items for consideration:
– curriculum vitae
– a thoughtful cover letter
– 3 professional references and 1 personal reference
– a writing sample of a biopsychosocial assessment including diagnosis (with identifying information redacted)
– a short bio (please look to the staff bios on our site for inspiration)
Applications submitted without ALL of these items will not be considered.
- Applicants must reside within the NYC 5 boroughs, Nassau, Westchester, or parts of New Jersey that are under 45 minutes commuting distance- no exceptions.
- Three professional references and one personal reference
- Certificate of Professional Liability Insurance
- Current LMSW licensure in New York State in good standing- NO LIMITED PERMITS
Must own and be proficient in using a computer
Ability and comfort in making phone calls to clients, other service providers, and insurance companies
The ideal candidate will will have an interest in providing therapy to “Millennial” adults, have a strong interest in improving the quality of behavioral healthcare as well as a passion and strong, demonstrated commitment to social justice and volunteer work.
The responsibilities of the fee-for-service include but are not limited to:
- conducting intake assessments
- providing individual
- relationship psychotherapy
- and referrals when needed.
All clinicians hired will receive individual and team clinical supervision with an LCSW, with hours counting towards the requirements for the LCSW exam.