The human resources department is responsible for supporting Community Access' vision, mission and values by delivering excellent customer service in meeting the staffing, compensation, benefits and employee relations needs of the organization. The department works closely with all levels of staff to address and respond to their needs in a professional, trustworthy and timely manner.
The HR Generalists work with the HR Manager and Chief of People to maintain the day-to-day operations of the HR dept. The ideal candidate will thrive in a diverse and fast-paced environment, be exceptionally responsive, and demonstrate strong follow-through and dedication to excellence. A professional attitude, flexible approach and a desire to help others are critical attributes for success. These are excellent positions for budding HR professionals interested in learning/being exposed to all areas of HR.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: Mid 60's
The job responsibilities of all staff extend to understanding and incorporating certain principles into their work and into their relationships with their colleagues. These principles are:
• Respectful communication
Essential Job Functions
• Manage/track recruitment process for all vacancies, incl internal and external postings, job fairs, writing ads, etc.
• Track and report on all employment related paperwork; new hires, terminations, status changes, leave of absences, etc.
• Oversee and manage annual evaluation process.
• Troubleshoot bi-weekly payroll issues, in conjunction with Payroll and Benefits Coordinator.
• Process and monitor all leaves of absences (Long and Short-term Disability, FMLA, Workers Compensation).
• Monitor and pay all monthly and quarterly insurance bills.
• Work with Dir of HR, managers and line staff on disciplinary issues.
• Oversee and run new hire orientation; including scheduling, paperwork processing, OMH fingerprinting, etc.
• Primary contact for processing and updating OMH fingerprinting database; including notification of clearance, termination of those no longer employed, etc.
• Coordinate authorization and log-ins for new hires and terminations with IT Dept.
• Share responsibility in maintaining all personnel files.
• Enter/maintain all HR data into AWARDS database.
• Coordinate terminations of access with IT and operations departments.
• Send out COBRA letters to all terminated employees and relevant dependents.
• Have an understanding, appreciation, and commitment to the philosophy and mission of Community Access.
• Bachelor's degree in HR or related area, preferred.
• Minimum of two years of exp in Human Resources, preferred.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Strong analytical ability.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Be creative and flexible.
• Ability to utilize various computer programs, specifically Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Show initiative and be responsible for follow through.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Access is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V.
CA is committed to the hiring of at least 51% consumer staff, in all of its departments and programs, and at all levels of management. www.communityaccess.org