This position functions as QMHP for individuals assigned and is responsible for the development, implementation, and facilitation of rehabilitation services for assigned individuals, ensuring integration of service planning and provision of services through the involvement of the individual, family, the residential services provider, and other involved persons including agency staff and referral sources. This position also supervises Master Level Interns, assists the Clinical Manager with developing and implementing systems, procedures, and training of PSR staff, coordination of mental health services and staff duties, and quality assurance processes to ensure efficient departmental operations.
As with all Community Mental Health and Counseling staff, this position is also responsible for promoting a recovery-oriented environment that reflects the needs of the individuals served, the staff providing services, and the mission of the organization. In addition, this position fulfills needed functions on the team.
• Provide direct services to individuals enrolled as prescribed in their Service Plan and complete all required documentation of services provided in compliance with Rule 132 and agency policy, ensuring that the philosophy of recovery is integrated in all aspects of service planning and delivery.
• Utilize a team approach in identifying and interviewing Bachelor and Master Level Interns with consideration of: skill, knowledge, integrity, capacity to learn, conflict resolution and motivation for working in the field, along with the recognition of the need to complement the existing team.
• Develop in-service training materials, provide training and supervise Master Level Interns, providing oversight of assessments, development, and implementation of individualized Service Plans and direct services while ensuring completion of required training and evaluations.
• Provide weekly supervision to interns and complete evaluations in a productive and constructive manner.
• Develop and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with universities.
• Function as Service Coordinator for the purpose of developing and implementing an Individual-Centered Service Plan for individuals served. This includes:
o Complete pre-meeting interview and assessments, including the MHA. Review and ensure completion of all assessments prior to the scheduled Service Plan Meeting in order to determine strengths, abilities, needs, interests, preference, and choice in service provision and incorporate the information into the Service Plan.
o Secure input, reports, and information from all persons involved in service delivery prior to the Service Plan Meeting.
o Schedule and convene the Service Plan Meeting in a timely manner and in accordance with regulations as set forth by the funding source, licensing entity, and/or accreditation standards.
o Ensure that Service Plans are developed with the input of the person receiving services.
o Ensure that the Service Plan Meeting is a coordinated effort involving the individual and others involved with service implementation and ongoing supports.
o Maintain regular communication with all persons who may be involved with the individual and those requested by the individual or their guardian to participate in the development and/or implementation of the plan.
o Assume responsibility for implementation of the plan.