Case Manager –Transition in Place (TIP) Housing Program|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Sep 20, 2019
||- n/a -
||Depending on experience.
||US - California
||- n/a -
Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Case Manager in our new Transition in Place Housing Program (TIP). The Case Manager provides case management services for young adults ages 18-25. Services provided center primarily around strengthening independent living skills and housing permanency along with career and education development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Intake and assessment services to the identify needs and strengths of the referred young adults.
• Develop relationships with landlords and provide mediation between landlords and young adults as needed.
• Assist and support young adults with housing searches, housing placement and other activities.
• Assist young adults with developing permanent housing plans.
• Assist young adults in maintaining permanent housing once achieved.
• Assist young adults in developing and implementing an "Individualized Program Plan" to meet long-term housing and independent living needs.
• Provide case management services on an ongoing basis to young adults in program.
• Assist participants in finding and maintaining gainful employment and/or education plans
• Assist young adults in skill-building including independent living skills.
• Monitor young adults housing conditions (residence) to ensure safety and/or cleanliness issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Collaborate with referring BWC Staff and outside agencies
• Work with outside agencies to ensure quality of care for young adults. Utilize community resources to meet needs of young adults in the program.
• Provide referral assistance to legal services, health services, drug and alcohol services and mental health services.
• Maintain client files to agency standards including paper and electronic files (AWARDS). Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate.
• Follow agency protocols and procedures regarding accounting and financial requests ensuring all expenses are approved and have back up documentation
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Ensure that office site is neat and tidy and report maintenance issues to manager or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement Activities and Initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B.A. B.S.) from four-year college or university (preferably in Social Work); or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with culturally diverse young adults required. Valid CA drivers license with access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid required.
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/