Mental Health Specialist – Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS)|
Bill Wilson Center
View this organization's profile and their additional job openings
<< Go back |
Email Job to a Friend
Save Job to Inbox
||Sep 20, 2019
||Depending on experience.
||US - California - San Jose
||- n/a -
Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
We have a wonderful opportunity for a Mental Health Specialist for Therapeutic Behavioral Services (TBS)
The Mental Health Specialist will provide youth and families with TBS services utilizing the Transformation Care Planning (TCP) model to improve client’s emotional wellbeing and life domain functioning. Services provided may include rehabilitation counseling, skill development, assessment and treatment planning under the supervision of a licensed therapist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Intake and assessment services.
• Provide in-home and community Mental Health Services and case management services.
• Specialist in TBS.
• Assist youth and families in skills-building to improve life domain functioning.
• Assist youth and families with developing appropriate parenting skills.
• Assist youth in treatment planning to develop an “Individualized” Treatment Plan.
• Complete all necessary regulatory documentation required County Department of Mental Health/Medi-Cal.
• Maintain appropriate paperwork and standards for mental health services, and case management according to standards and regulations
• Participate in Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement activities
• Maintain statistical data and complete reports as appropriate.
• Attend agency and other program meetings as appropriate.
• Must be able to communicate effectively, get along with coworkers and management and deal effectively and professionally under pressure.
• Assist youth with developing educational and vocational plans.
• Monitor housing conditions (residence) to ensure safety and/or cleanliness issues are addressed in a timely manner.
• Ensure that site is neat and tidy and report all maintenance or safety issues to manger or Facilities Manager immediately.
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Participate in agency Program Quality Improvement activities and initiatives
• Participate in agency Safety initiatives and proactively report safety issues to management immediately
• Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree (B.A. B.S.) in Behavioral Science; Knowledge of needs of runaway, homeless and street youth and experience working with culturally diverse youth and families required. Knowledge of SCC Behavioral Health systems and procedures highly desired. Current CPR and First Aid Certification required (or complete within 30 days of hire). Valid CA drivers license w/access to a personal vehicle with current Ins. Fingerprinting, TB test & CPR/First Aid. Bilingual (Eng/Spanish) required
For consideration, please submit cover letter and resume to:
FAX: (408) 244-4022
Please indicate which job you are applying for in subject line.
For a full job description please visit - http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/