Bill Wilson Center is a nationally and regionally recognized leader for providing services to at-risk youth and families. Our agency -- from our executive team to our line staff -- is committed to improving the lives and conditions of the people we serve. We provide direct services to more than 3,500 children, youth, young adults and families in Santa Clara County. BWC provides services that meet the cultural and linguistic needs of our whole community. We value our unique ethnic diversity as well as the LGBTQ community and non-able body community. Join us and become a difference maker at Bill Wilson Center! Find out more at http://www.billwilsoncenter.org/bwc_jobs/
The Mental Health Specialist provides young adults, youth and families with behavioral health services utilizing the Transformation Care Planning (TCP) model to improve client’s emotional wellbeing and life domain functioning. Services provided may include rehabilitation counseling, skill development, assessment and treatment planning under the supervision of a licensed therapist.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide mental health intake & assessment, counseling and treatment planning to youth, families, young adults and adults, in-home & on-site
• Must meet agency & County of Santa Clara mental health standards & deadlines for all documentation, statistics & reporting.
• Must be able to efficiently travel to client homes for appts & provide clients with transportation as needed
• Specialist in therapeutic behavior services and coaching
• Assist youth and families in skills-building to improve life domain functioning and developing appropriate parenting skills as well as educational and vocational plans
• Assist youth in treatment planning to develop an “Individualized” Treatment Plan.
• Attend meetings and trainings as required
• Participate in Quality Improvement & Safety activities & initiatives including audits
• Regular attendance is a requirement of the position.
• Other duties as assigned.