Administrator-Inpatient (Full Time)- Behavioral Health 254
The Administrator manages all aspects of the day to day operations of the Program. This involves ensuring regulatory compliance, actively overseeing Quality Assurance Performance Improvements. Additionally, the Administrator collaborates with all Corporate departments and outside consultants. Ensures all regulatory requirements are met. Acts as the representative of the program to State/County agencies, community partners, and consumer groups.
Employment Status: Full-Time
• Masters in Social Services or Public Health
• Four (4) years of experience in an administrative management position in a health care setting
• Two (2) years of responsibility for supervision of professional staff, budgeting, program planning and licensing
• A current professional license
• Must have an understanding of community mental health services and psychiatric rehabilitation concepts and the Recovery Philosophy
• A successful track record working with, and sensitivity to, multi-cultural populations and issues in urban settings are highly desirable
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• Demonstrate the company mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls the Program. Responsible for the administrative functioning of the Program.
• Acts as the Privacy Contact for the Program, maintaining all required records, logs, and systems in compliance with HIPAA regulations
• Implements all Program policies and procedures through the appropriate assignment of duties to the administrative staff
• Manages all strategic planning activities of the Program with the primary goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the Program
• Develops and maintains a productive work relationship with State and local agency representatives. Actively participates in meeting customer needs and adapting to changing customer and community needs at all times. Acts as liaison between the program and State/County customers and community partners
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
For full description, visit: https://apptrkr.com/1618922