The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
• 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
• Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
• Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
• Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
The Associate Director of Facilities Management is responsible for the overall planning, organizing, and management of all facilities operations (buildings and grounds) at multiple locations throughout the Bronx region.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for maintaining and improving buildings and grounds according to regulations; managing contracted maintenance, repairs and construction within the Agency’s buildings
• Preparing all work schedules, maintenance work loads; administer the work order system, and ensuring all work orders are completed; establishing/administering continuous in-service training for staff
• Planning, organizing and supervising maintenance and repairs performed by building staff; planning and scheduling all work schedules of staff; reviewing/approving employee work hours and time sheets, leave and attendance
• Recruiting, interviewing, hiring, training and evaluating Facilities personnel
• Assisting program staff when required with special events, etc.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Facility Management or related technical field AND 5 years of related experience, 2 years of which must be in a supervisory capacity; OR an Associate’s Degree in a related field, AND 10 years of technical experience, 3 years of which must be in a supervisory capacity; OR a High School Diploma and a verifiable certificate/license in a technical discipline such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems, electrical or plumbing journeyman, PLUS 10 Years of technical experience, 3 of which must be in a supervisory capacity
• BOMA/IFMA Certified Facility Manager qualification, plus 10 Years of technical experience, 3 of which must be in a supervisory capacity
• A valid driver’s license is required and must be maintained at all times during employment; Regular local travel is required, plus the ability to operate/p low snow with pick-up truck or motorized equipment
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and Environmental Health and Safety precautions and regulations (Environmental Health and Safety (EHS); thorough technical knowledge and verifiable experience with technical building systems; must have excellent safety awareness and judgment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs, and ability to quickly learn Building Grounds maintenance /Fiscal software computer programs as required