Family Specialist – FSP Program with great training opportunities
We are California's largest and most comprehensive nonprofit behavioral health provider, serving more than 30,000 children and their family members annually. For youth that exit our programs, more than 90 percent are living in the community, staying in school and remaining out of trouble.
Our Mission: We do whatever it takes to strengthen and advocate for children, families, adults and communities to realize their hopes for behavioral health and well-being.
The Position: We are looking for a Family Specialist in Lynwood
• We offer Competitive Compensation and Benefits!
• As well as Training and Development Opportunities.
Salary Range: $15.62-$21.87
Actual offers will be determined by the candidate's creditable years of experience in conjunction with internal equity considerations and based on the organization's current compensation practices.
Uplift Family Services will consider for employment qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements ordinance 184652 Sec.189.04 (a)
• High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED).
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to write and speak in a grammatically correct manner required.
• One (1) year working with children
• Within a team process, develops a strength based relationship with youth and care givers. Intervenes with maladaptive behaviors while developing the youths strengths and interests.
• Responsible for linking to community resources and transferring skill sets to the care giver.
• Does whatever it takes to meet the needs of the family in a strength based approach while also working to preserve the family unit.
• Helps to create permanent connections for youth and families.
• May search, locate, and engage family members for youth.
• Assists with transitioning kids to the lowest level of care. Works independently in the family’s home and in a variety of community and/or treatment settings.
Why Should You Apply?
• Generous Vacation Plan
• Paid Holidays
• Tuition Reimbursement
• 401k Matching
Click Here for the Full Job Description and to Apply Today!
Have questions about this position or working at Uplift Family Services? Chat live with one of our recruiters by clicking the link below!
Look for a blue chat window that will pop up on the bottom right hand corner of the page.