New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexity, chronic health conditions, significant disabilities and behavioral challenges. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Licensed Behavior Analyst to join its Peter Haje Center for Autism.
Licensed Behavior Analysts will report to the Associate Director of The Peter Haje Center for Autism and work out of the new state of the art Comprehensive Healthcare Center (CHC) located at New Alternatives for Children, Inc. NAC’s on-site CHC includes Article 31 and Article 28 clinics and delivers a range of integrated interdisciplinary medical and mental health services. The hallmark of the agency is assuring quality professional and strength-based services to children and families involved in the child welfare system.
Position Type: Full-time and Per Diem Positions available (Center-based: after school hours/weekends/holidays) Please note this is not a morning position. Full-time schedules with start between 10-12pm and will end between 6-8pm.
Location: 37 West 26th Street 6th Floor, New York, NY 10010 and/or 1775 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10453
Description of Responsibilities:
• Assess client’s skills and areas of need, using a standardized assessment tool, clinical judgement and caregiver input.
• Develop clinical treatment plans for individual clients based on assessment, to be updated every 3-6 months
• Conduct Functional Behavior Assessments and design Behavior Intervention Plans as necessary
• Submit all clinical documentation in a timely manner by assigned deadlines
• Train Behavior Technician on client’s individual treatment plan/BIP
• Provide ongoing supervision and training to Behavior Technician
• Provide ongoing parent training to caregivers
• Analyze skill building and behavioral data on an ongoing basis
• Take descriptive log notes of each session
• Maintain client records and program data
• Communicate with other providers, as necessary to ensure coordination of care
• Communicate professionally with caregivers and NAC staff
• Communicate consistently with Associate Director
• Develop and deliver trainings as necessary
• Provide consultation to staff, as needed
• Perform direct observation of client at offsite locations, as needed
• Must be available for afternoon/evening/Saturday hours on a consistent basis or as necessary to meet case requirements
Required Education and Experience:
•Master’s Degree/Dual Master’s Degree/Advanced Certificate in Applied Behavior Analysis
•Board Certified Behavior Analyst and New York State Licensed Behavior Analyst
•Minimum of 3+ years in a BCBA/LBA supervisory role
•Must have experience working with a wide array of individuals within varied settings
These statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities associated with it.
For information on New Alternatives for Children, Inc., including more information on employee benefits and our agency culture, visit our website at www.nackidscan.org
New Alternatives for Children, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity, entity and inclusion.